Unit 1: Variation in Productions Systems, in AGC’s Lean Construction Education Program, is now available. Variation in Production Systems is a four-hour course that will be offered locally at AGC Chapters across the country. Following completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the different types of variation
- Explain the concept of throughput and distinguish it from productivity
- Discuss the role of variation in production operations
- List sources of variation in construction settings
- Explain and contrast variation mitigation techniques
Individuals interested in instructing Variation in Production Systems should plan to attend the Instructor Orientation Webinar on February 2, 2012 from 1:30-3:00 PM ET. Learn more and register for this free event here.
Individuals interested in Lean Construction can also register for Lean Construction 101. This one-hour online course can be taken at any time and provides a foundation of the key concepts and terms used in Lean Construction. Following completion of this course, participants will have the ability to:
- List examples of Lean Construction in practice
- Discuss benefits of Lean Construction
- Define Lean Construction
- Explain the origins of Lean Construction
- Describe Lean Construction tools
- Identify Lean Construction implementation opportunities
Learn more and purchase the course materials through AGC’s Store.